Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Little at a Time


In my Bible time this morning, the Lord showed me that often His plan takes longer than I originally think it will. My problem is that I get in a hurry while God never is. I find myself having to come back to where I left God so that I can once again walk forward in His will. Deuteronomy 7:22 tells us that "the Lord thy God will put out those nations before thee little by little: thou mayest not comsume them at once, lest the beasts of the field increase upon thee."


How often we allow the frustration to settle in and control our hearts and minds when things don't go as fast as we thought they should. Even in these hard, dark times we must realize and remember that God is at work in our lives. We don't (and won't) always see what God is doing but that doesn't mean that He is not working.


Sometimes the reason for the delay is that God knows that we are not ready for the blessing. In the passage mentioned above, the people of Israel were not physically ready to take full possession. They needed to grow before God could give them all of the land.


With every blessing of God comes the responsibility of using it correctly. Sometimes, the blessing takes a long time to come because God has to grow us to the point that we are able to accept the blessing and the responsibility that comes with it.


"Lord, help me today to listen to your voice and follow your leading so that I, too, may be better equiped to recieve the blessing you have for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment